PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 19:35
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, I CAN see what you guys are saying, but if a strike is called I would be very reluctant to strike just because the majority of voters voted yes. Many people are BLINDLY voting yes - they think that it will ''send a message'' to Willie Walsh and that he will back down. I think if he was going to, he probably would have by now!!

Have you seen a recent BASSA publication.... I won't post the exact as wouldn't want to break any rules BUT... it's talking about December 14th will be the day that will shape our working life. If you vote yes we will find out whether BA has offered any change, or prospect of change to their position. If not then strike dates will be announced. It then goes on to say if you vote No then december 14th will be the last meeting of it's kind and the end of the union - ''your union will have been defeated and our strength to represent you with it.'' Represent whom?? Oh I know! Never was I consulted on any of their proposals or how I wanted negotiations to go!!