PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 10:26
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 12Watt Tim
With that attitude I suspect you will make it eventually. Why? Because chief pilots really want rational, cautiously proactive pilots.
Hmm, be careful with this type of advice, fantastic if you actually get to speak to the chief pilot. I obtained my airline position in mid 2007 at the height of the boom, out of all my friends I met along the way in training (ATPLs, CPL/IR etc) only 3 has jobs and I'm one of them. Getting the interview will be the single hardest thing you'll do once you have qualified. If you can get an interview then it's time to charm them with having a good attitude etc, this will not be conveyed on your CV unfortunately. For what it's worth there is very very little difference between 1 200hr CV and the other 2,000 that's on the recruiter's desk. With this in mind I am also going to dismiss the If you want it bad enough you'll make it happen, you make your own luck brigade. Nice to have that attitude but your deluded if you think determination alone will get you a job.

D777