PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 10:17
FlexSRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing I have been constantly amazed about, is how BASSA manages to throw the various parts of the company to the lions in order to protect LHR. (Think of the regions, the Glasgow base, the Ts&Cs at LGW they happily gave away to prevent LHR having to work harder, despite those Ts&Cs now being 'unsafe for pax' and 'bad for crew health' etc when LHR crew have to work with them)

Anyway, one thing that I was really shocked by, and that very few people have picked up on, is that now the BASSA reps are starting to sell out Eurofleet in order to protect WorldWide. The cannibal is starting to eat itself! I know a lot of crew are upset about the pay cut BASSA offered, that BA didn't even want, and I know a few crew have worked out one of the other little cheeky bits in their offering, ie the increments freeze for most people. How many of the senior reps and CSDs are on the top increment already? That freeze won't make a jot of difference to the likes of the BASSA chair.

The issue I'm thinking about is the kind offer of BASSA to let the WW 767 go to Eurofleet. Why? Because WW crew hate the 767 trips, there is no bunk for them to rest in, and they are usually some of the lowest paying trips.

Do the crew on Eurofleet, (who are more often than not there for a lifestyle choice because they like being home at night) want a load of low paying trips to Africa and Canada in the middle of the winter? Did anyone actually ask them?

Say by some twist of technology the 767 had some giant winglets and new super biofuel engines fitted and was now being used on BKK/SYD or NRT, triggering all sorts of lovely box payments, do you think Eurofleet would be getting a look in still? Not a chance. So, not just content to feed other bases to the lions, they now turn on their own colleagues at their own base, and without even asking their opinions, they try and get rid of the dross they don't like and offload it on good old Eurofleet. Thanks a bunch!

Can you imagine if BA suggested using WW crew on a 777 to do the night moscow? Or the day moscow? They could probably fill up the 1st Class cabin, we all know what the club loads can be like. It would be a great product, better IFE etc. Can you imagine the WW crew going "to moscow, and back, on the same day Darling? I don't think so!!"

They should be ashamed of themselves, and Eurofleet crew have every right to be angry.

Eurofleet crew watch out, you're next in line to be sold out