PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A surreal lack of airmanship
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 07:09
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Actually Doc,

We had clearance from the airport operators and were leasing three parking spots. So yeah if you parked there, used my chocks with the company name on ALL THREE SIDES , used my ropes and took my park which the company paid for, you may find your aircraft chained. And my explanantion would go something like this:

'Sorry, thought it was one of the other company aircraft visiting from out of town, and in need of greater security. I'm new you see and didn't realise we didn't have any Warriors/182's/Bonanza's. I just figured cos you were parking in our spot, that you were with the company, and see I thought there was gonna be a storm, so I was just doin what I thought was right'.

If we couldn't be bothered with chains, or we were all flying the next day, just go and get some of that cheap 5 dollar rolls of rope, and also loop it through the tie down points, but spend 15 minutes tying knot after knot after knot, until there is barely a scrap of un-tied rope. It gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside when you come back the next morning/arvo to find it cut or un-tied at the tie downs. Yeah they got the point.

Either that or you'd find yourself with a 200 dollar bill for 'overnight parking services/chock and tie down hire '. After a while, people ASKED if they could, instead of ASSUMING they could.

Just cos there aint stencilled letters on the ground, don't mean you can go parking anywhere you want.

Ah Pyro, you're trying to make me jealous I'm sure of it!!!! That j3 in particular is a gorgeous example. 85 hp too, so I'm behind the aircraft as soon as it gets airborne...fwoar!!!! Are you hour building in it? PM if you ever want a passenger, or a cost share for longer trips.

j3