PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 2nd Dec 2009, 00:27
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlideBustle, I agree with what you wrote:

Interestingly, it was a union proposal (not BA) to get rid of the 2nd SCCM on shorthaul 767s, when people questioned this everyone was like ''don't critisise the union'' but as soon as BA implement it it's immediately ''this is unworkable and unthinkable'' - I think it's one of the worse things brought in personally but.... it's hypocritcial that they didn't mind when Unite proposed it

I'm amazed that none of the die-hard union supporters have questioned that or the other items offered to BA by the unions: Pay cut, pay freeze, etc etc. I certainly can't afford a pay cut, considering a Purser has been taken off the 777, and therefore my potential income has dramatically reduced. We've only got 6 European/domestic night stops and 2 split duty destinations, so we're dependant on long haul to make the money.

Incidentally, doing a Middle East B2B would actually cost more money than what it is at the moment. No wonder the union suggested that one.

It seems really bizarre to me that some people won't read info from various sources, but only rely on one. Nobody can get a balanced view from only one opinion.

The only thing (unfortunately) I've found the union is good at, is getting people out of trouble, as in getting them off the "naughty step".

Gg

Ps. Tiramisu, I can't reply. Please check your settings