PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A surreal lack of airmanship
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2009, 23:55
Captain Sand Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surreal (adjective);
Bizarre
Weirdly unfamiliar, distorted, or disturbing, like the experiences in a dream or the objects or experiences depicted in surrealism

Maybe the adjective “surreal” doesn’t apply here. Maybe “shocking”, “amazing”, or “woeful” would be more appropriate. Now that I’ve got that out of my system……..

Was lucky enough to be at Temora last weekend. Witnessed a bozo in a Warrior (didn’t get the rego unfortunately….for him!) disrupt the air show proceedings despite the NOTAM describing the temporary restricted area in place for said air show. A couple of the air show people had a rather interesting discussion with said bozo. Undeterred however, said bozo then leapt in his mighty Warrior which was parked with it’s tail pointing to one of our aircraft and proceeded to give it fistful of power to get it moving. He was clearly oblivious to the effect this was having, i.e. causing the rudder of the parked aircraft behind it to be buffeted significantly.

That’s just the latest example I have seen, and sadly I conclude that there will be many more.

I must also (sadly) agree with Bla3 to an extent. I know there are thoroughly professional operators and nice people in GA, however the tossers are becoming more noticeable. And isn’t this just representative of what’s happening in society as a whole?