PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 1st Dec 2009, 23:24
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, a warm welcome to Alexandraa and Slidebustle.

Secondly, a big thank you to the people who talk sense. I won't name anyone in particular, but the information is much appreciated.

In regards to the imposition:

I'm amazed at the short-sightedness of some people. The ones who think it's a good thing to have go-arounds/not finish the service/only doing the bare minimum etc, have no idea how unprofessional they will look. They'll also look incompetent and incapable (esp CSDs) when others can manage perfectly well. How will it reflect on them when, after a few months, they get called in for a "chat" with their manager? One doesn't need a lot of pax complaints per crew member before managers start calling. I'm sure the union will claim that managers are bullies, as that's the standard when anyone gets a call from the office.

Refusing to reset AVOD/screens because the CSD is on a trolley is ridiculous. At LGW we just call the front (777) and whoever is the closest resets the screen. Simple. None of us had any training on it, just a printed user guide and a mock-up in crc. It's not exactly rocket science...

In regards to recent publications and comments, it seems to me that the unions are coming close to be found out about their lies and mis-information. I'm sure they're working non-stop to come up with more excuses and lies to cover it all up, but we'll have to wait another 12 or so days for that.

I do appreciate this forum and the ability it gives us to express our opinions, concerns and facts without repercussions (unless you're me, of course - but they haven't found me yet...). I think the more people on CF talk badly about this forum, the more people will come over to look, and will hopefully realise that it's ok to not follow the die-hard militants. As and when I meet NO voters (basically every day I go to work), I encourage them to find information and facts in various places. I also encourage them to pop on here if they have questions at any point.

To some posters, who keep with the rhetoric and keep putting people's posts down (I'm trying very hard here to be pc about it and not mention names), you must soon start to realise that if you answer the many questions that have been put to you on this thread, you might actually persuade people that you have arguments and points of view other than name-calling and accusations.

Gg