PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 1st Dec 2009, 22:13
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some people are so out of touch with reality it is unbelievable!! LOL. I have spoken to people who say ''the situation is not that bad'' ''BA are not doing that bad it's all spin'' etc etc... they are the ones who say wake up and smell the coffee - ironic really!?!?

I would be lying if I said that I didn't have worries about the proposals. Main things for me I care about most are no CR, no pay cuts, promotion prospects still being there as I have started on my career like many crew, and still having agreements where you can enjoy the job. Most crew have the same concerns. With BAs proposals if negotiated properly, I can see promotions, current crew pay etc protected and just have us working REASONABLY harder, with new crew on new t&cs. Is that really too much to ask?? Just read Bill's webchat, he has said the above should be protected.

Oh well... will both parties get back to the table - it seems one side is open to and has actually been reasonable and fair through all of this no pay cut, just work abit harder etc. Afterall BA have been quite fair - the deadline for agreement was June 30th!! And they changed their proposals a couple of times since!! New fleet, no new fleet etc... BASSA didn't want ANY of it!! Not even a compromise!! They just want a strike! (Well they did from the start!)

Oh and who else is fed up of people who say ''I would rather break the company 'till it goes bust than change our T&Cs???''