PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 1st Dec 2009, 14:13
Locked door

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
The most recent posts on this thread illustrate the problems that have led to this impasse. On one side you have well reasoned, intelligent and thoughtful discourse on how the company can progress into the future and on the other side childlike rants that contain no fact, no answers and no intelligent questions. The problem the company faces is that the CC union is led in majority by those of the second ilk, who are unable to see past their god given right for loads of loot and to control what goes on in one of the largest UK companies.

It smacks of historically poor management by BA to allow these people to have so much sway over the company and how it is run and the company finally seems to be getting to grips with it. BA is no longer government owned and has to make a profit. A point lost on one side of this argument.

I have nothing against CC, and most seem quite sensible. However a vocal group seem to think that they should run the company, deciding on policy, product and other aspects of the operation. In my experience none seem to have the faintest idea of the length of training, qualifications and experience of those in the company who do make those decisions.

In other airlines CC turn up, do their jobs and go home. Why is BA any different?

CFC, as the most vocal of those on this forum expounding your side of the argument, how about answering a few of the questions posed to you?

I suspect the previous posters £20 is safe.

LD