PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 1st Dec 2009, 09:26
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is, indeed, enlightening to see that so many of the crew can see through what could be the BASSA end play.

Today sees the implementation of the new crewing routines on SH and I will be interested to see how they fair. Especially as many of the SH flight crew have operated parts of the Airbus fleet out of LGW and have first hand experience of operating with the reduced crew.

I feel that having at least a 'source' of independent information where people can exchange views and ideas is vital in scenarios like this.

My view, the ballot will return a close 'yes' verdict. BASSA will be forced into commencing IA within 4 weeks, possibly 8 if the company agree! BA will ignore the IA and the airline will instigate contingency measures to keep the majority of flights on track.

BASSA will, once again, lose (you know that word which means you didn't win or gain the injunction you applied for) the court case over injunction and BA will be awarded damages including those incurred during ill advised IA running into, possibly, hundreds of millions of pounds especially if forward bookings damages are applied.

Unite have their hands full trying to fight GM at Luton at the moment along with a vast collection of minor disputes within minor industries where people are potentially losing their jobs through compulsory redundancy or employer insolvency. How much time will Unite have for a sub branch who are hell bent on keeping their cushy little number from the 1980's by taking on a company who have tried everything to get a negotiated settlement?

Is Lizanne Maloney the female version of Bob Crow?