PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 1st Dec 2009, 08:48
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CFC,

Did any of you make it to the Sandown Park meeting?
A few of my friends did, they couldn't make up their minds as to what, exactly, was happening prior to the meeting either. They attended the Sandown Park meeting out of 'curiosity as to the BASSA plan', as there had been no canvassing of the members as to the stance of the Union amid one of the biggest potential changes since privatisation.

They left the meeting with the objective of not voting for IA and they have subsequently not voted for IA.

Half of the 'information' given was nothing but rhetoric. They were given 'assurances' that they could not be legally dismissed for striking. However they were not informed that they could be 'illegally' dismissed and thus have to endure Industrial Tribunal.

The 'explanation' was, once again, just a run through of the BASSA proposals, not a breakdown in detail you understand just a gloss overview, which everybody had heard before.

Add to that a bit of 'tub thumping' in respect to how evil all of the management team are and that BASSA action will rid BA of the cancerous Willie Walsh. (again, and again with no conviction or result)

Their view, not mine as I wasn't present, was that the whole thing was a complete waste of time and money.

Clear thinking, well balance crew being egged on by a minority of Union Proles. Jack Dromey and Bob Crow would have been proud!