PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 30th Nov 2009, 23:07
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!! There are some excellent posts here. Clarified, yes know what you mean about not losing double night, it's all abit give and take, the union could say oh no thanks - how about doing ......... instead? Will save the same amount. Company accepts that. Company suggests another thing... union accepts, company proposes another... union offer alternative etc. Unfortunately that's not how it's gone. Looking back at my newsletter outlining their ''integrated proposal'' back in June/July... some things I think are acceptable, some things need tweaking but hey that never happened!! I feel new fleet is more likely to happen with a strike than no strike!! lol Ironic!

Hiflyer, that's what I thought, striking about imposition does hold no substance, there needs to be a real reason.... which I suppose is why BA might be able to stop the strike anyway! If BA all of sudden imposed a 30% PAY CUT I could understand..... it all depends on the reason.... There are some people who will purposefully go slow, secure cabin too late resulting in go arounds just to make it look like it doesn't work. It does beggar belief!! I can't really comment on the crew complements yet, will have to see tomorrow, but if it is truly bad and customers don't get served ONLY THEN will I tell the company, and offer suggestions on what's wrong/what can be done.... If customers complain at the lack of product that will be fed back - with reduction in product, that is a different story, I'm sure if there is any adverse feedback the company will tweak... it's all about experimenting with what they can save on... what the customer finds important and what they don't - causing wastage!!

I think, you know what, I have made my mind up. Over the last week or so I've been leaning towards no as the thought of striking is too scary - for a start and also I've been askingdo I think it will be productive or worth it?? Will it make BA back down? Almost certainly NOT! What's held me back from voting no though is the thoughts of ''what if everyone else/BASSA is right - I would have got rid of my t&cs in one swoop blah blah... but I've come to my senses. BA has imposed new crew complements that's all. Is that enough to warrant striking and staying at home when I have a flight? Not really. BA are willing to negotiate, but unite, we are running out of time!! As they will lose their patience (if they haven't already!!) Need to save money ASAP! It CAN be done reasonably...

You can't strike based on speculation anyway which is what it seems many people are doing. ''I'm striking because whatever next???'' Totally not based in any reality!! Just speculation. I might strike next week because BA MIGHT merge with Ryanair AND easyJet and I don't want them to do that.... Well they did merge with Iberia, who's to say they won't with RyanEasy??.... Those who have heard the ''I'm striking because what will they do next'' mantra will see what I'm getting at!!