PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 30th Nov 2009, 21:42
Clarified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slidebustle and HiFlyer14.

SlideBustle, it's great to read your views, like a lot of our colleagues on this forum you see the world in a very colourful and balanced way.
It's exactly because there are a lot of people like us that our voices are starting to be heard. I am an optimist at heart and believe in fairness and the democratic principles that living here allows.
Your post and other recent posts (Alexandraa is an example) demonstrate how much people care and also that they are willing to stand up for what THEY believe in.
HiFlyer14's reference to coming to work in civvies etc. is not something I would do. I will walk straight through the front of the building having parked my car in OUR car park. There is no need to wear a false nose and glasses, our democratic country protects people who choose to exercise their right to work. Any attempt to obstruct that right could be deemed unlawful. Come to work, lots of us will.
SlideBustle, thanks for your observations on my earlier post, I would like to keep those double nights in the Far East and West coast though. Part of what makes this job so great is being able to have that time in places like that. As you suggest, it's all about solving the problem together and meeting people halfway. Anything else just doesn't feel right especially at the moment. (More company lay offs today in the news, it's not good out there). Lets help our business and ourselves, surely that's not a bad thing is it!