PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 29th Nov 2009, 15:56
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I hadn't mentioned it now, but seeing as I did, can I reiterate a few points. Managers were not calling us back then. The calls were made at approximately 1900G from a person claiming to be a manager at Waterside. The crew called were of different ranks and had different managers. The only thing they had in common was that they were BASSA members. There was another strong coincidence, however, I can't go into details, as it could lead to someone being identified.

On reflection, I agree that BASSA probably have more sense than to risk pulling a stunt like this but, having seen the evidence, I am also forced to believe that it was not an official BA call, or even a mistake made by one of the less than bright Waterside staff.

I can only conclude that this was a one off, by someone with a grudge, looking to stir the pot. There may even have been a personal angle involved and bearing in mind the way that BASSA subs are collected, contact details could, I assume, be obtained by someone from either side of the fence.

Once again, I apologise for bringing it up in the first place. I was curious to see if anyone else had experienced the same thing. Can we forget I ever mentioned it? Please? I really need to go to sleep now...