PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 28th Nov 2009, 20:22
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If at the time the ballot was called those taking VR where still paid up members of the Union and had not left British Airways then they are fully entitled to vote - even if they subsequently leave the company prior to the 14th of December.
A Lurker - this is complete nonsense. What source is this "information" from, outside of the Union?

As a fully paid up member, well until the end of November anyway , I am FURIOUS that the union have done this, and each and every member should be too. How can it possibly be fair? Those people may well have voted maliciously - either yes or no. They won't give a toss because they won't be here to suffer the consequences.

There is in the region of 1000 people who could have voted that have absolutely NOTHING TO LOSE either way. That is approx. 10% of the vote. I suspect only a judge will be able to decide, but I would imagine the court application to block a strike is already underway.

If anyone was under any doubt about the ignorance, incompetence and sheer inefficiency of this Union, this must surely clarify things. They have caused us near on 2 years' worth of stress over New Fleet yet done absolutely nothing constructive about it, they have not asked for and therefore not represented OUR views, and now they haven't even the common sense to run a ballot effectively. It is a shameful waste of the members' hard-earned funds.

Vote No. And save your union subscription - resign.

The above represents my own personal views, and not those of BA.