PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 28th Nov 2009, 17:15
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From a couple of reports I've had, ballot papers have been sent to a number of people who aren't eligible to vote (for example, those who are taking Voluntary Redundancy). It is highly likely BA will ask the courts to render the ballot invalid as a result. Wonder how much it will cost to run another one?
HF - yes we have been raising this issue for some time now. It demonstrates complete ignorance on the part of the union not to have even considered this issue. Attempts to raise it directly with the Union are met with contempt. They are now texting and asking people for names of people who have taken VR and been sent a ballot. Rocket science it is not.

Alexandraa, don't put yourself down. You have demonstrated intelligence and maturity in considering both sides of the debate, and are arriving at your own conclusion. We don't need to tell you which way to vote - you are smart enough to make up your own mind and I feel you probably already have!

One thing I will say, don't sit on the fence. Not voting at all is like voting yes as only the returned votes count. If you do vote No, do not be scared or intimidated. You are not alone, and there will be many of us coming to work on strike days, if indeed the Union haven't already failed at the first hurdle.