PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 28th Nov 2009, 05:13
CFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexandraa, a fine post.

I've read it a few times and can understand your frustration but I think you have come to the wrong forum for advice - reading any previous page will prove that to you.

Some of your thoughts I have had but it all boils down to the future New Fleet. A No vote will help in the evolvement of this fleet which in turn, as you mention, will probably be an end to your flying career. On the other hand, a Yes vote sends out a clear message to WW/BF that we as a workforce are not happy with their latest style of imposition and suggested future of BA.

I'm sure you'll agree that even the Yes voters do not want to strike or harm the company in any way, in fact most of the Yes voters have voted this way because of their passion and loyalty for BA which many on this thread just cannot see.

You mention you have done some flights already with not much change....I have and have seen a notable drop in service to our most loyal premium pax. If you doubt me, volunteer for No6 -777 or No7 -747 on your next trip, then come back to this forum and say how it went.

Think of your first few months flying for BA back in 1996 and compare those thoughts to how you see that same job today - many changes to your outlook I think. Now think foward a few years and how will you then think about your job...and will you then think in hindsight that you wish you had voted the other way....?