PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 27th Nov 2009, 16:36
dave747436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A.Lurker.

Interesting info, thanks.
If the debate about BA rates of pay (in comparason to EU/Rest of the World rates) is to make any progress, more facts are needed...

In the past I've spent a lot of time & effort trying to ascertain other (non-UK) arline rates of pay for Cabin Crew, and drawn a complete blank.

Some of the US carriers payscales seem to indicate a similar "top of scale" rate as BA, in terms of gross pay, but no real indication of average pay, or unit pay (approx cost "per hour flown" to the company).

For the EU airlines, I've had no luck at all.

My only feeling is that surely Unite know these details (at least for EU airlines).
If Iberia/AF/KLM/Lufthansa rates are the same as BA (or more), why aren't Unite shouting these numbers from the rooftops? (Lufthansa's average cost per unit flown is X! BA crew are only paid X - 10%!!!, for example)

So what do these airlines pay? Even if, as W2P points out, cost of living etc would be different - at least knowing the raw figures would be a start.

Without the basic data I don't see how we can really make any progress?

Perhaps some of the BASSA members who post here have some personal knowledge, or would be willing to ask their reps some questions?