PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 27th Nov 2009, 03:40
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps someone could tell me if this is good or bad:

A packed J class cabin on a GF 340 from the Gulf to the Far East the night of the big Muslim holiday of Eid Al Adha.

Got a glass of sparkly before take off when my food order was taken, a drinks and full meal service all completed within 80 minutes of push back, including the extra drinks requests from some of our more devout fellow passengers, by two cheerful crew members who I know earn less than their BA counterparts, assisted in part by one of their senior colleagues. They even took the breakfast order when people woke up rather than taking it before or during the dinner service. And that was perfect as well.

I didn't count but I think it was ten rows of 6 people?

And the food was excellent and not cold or overcooked.

I've decided as a result of this thread that I shouldn't just accept it, so I asked for a comment card and wrote a letter of praise. I handed it to the cabin senior in front of the other two, unsealed, and thanked them all personally for making the flight such a pleasure and told them I was happy if for them to read it.

I would urge anyone on this thread to do the same, and not to be reticent about commenting on poor staff as well. Perhaps this would assist BA in identifying the staff it really needs, and the passengers would prefer on its aircraft when it has to start making decisions. Of course you are relying on negative comment being passed on, so you might want to do that via email when you get home.

Regarding earlier mentions of "The Times", their journalist clearly uses the Internet as his source, which is typical of this once great newspaper.

Since Murdoch acquired it, standards have dropped to that of the other rags he owns, such as the Sun, News of the World and New York Post.

The Indy, Telegraph and Grauniad are far ahead of it in quality and journalistic integrity.

VOTE NO AND RESIGN FROM BASSA!