PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 26th Nov 2009, 14:16
1stClass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To quote PC 767

"I'll say that Francis almost had me when new fleet was off the table. He'd canvassed opinion among crew and understood how crew were concerned about new fleet, so he removed it. A good starting point for the unions to negotiate the final points, but by either manufactor or negligence it went wrong. And the one thing that Bill, the crew's mate, stated he would remove was impossed. I distrust BA senior management motives as much as BASSA reps motives. There is a true version of events somewhere, but I can guarantee it isn't to be found here or over at CF"

BF has said that 'New Fleet' was out because he found other ways to match the money needing to be saved. Now BASSA refused to negotiate a deal he has had to bring back new fleet to make the savings needed. Can't you see it is BASSA who created the return of 'New Fleet'.

BA have two options;

1) Take savings from current crew negotiated by unite = no new fleet
2) Take savings from future crew and some from current crew imposed = having to create new fleet

We are in this situation because of a power fight from BASSA. Thanks to them.If you trust them over management then vote yes but I can assure you, I know where my vote lies.