PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 26th Nov 2009, 12:27
PC767

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
And now Hotel mode takes the vindictive patronizing view.

I haven't voted yet. I voted against last time. I have a 90% certainty of my intention and in looking for the confirming 10% shared opinion I either find Red Rob Trotskites shouting yes or Fat Controller Facists lecturing me no. I too have first hand recollections from a person within the building during negotiations, only he states that ACAS couldn't believe BA's stance.

I'll say that Francis almost had me when new fleet was off the table. He'd canvassed opinion among crew and understood how crew were concerned about new fleet, so he removed it. A good starting point for the unions to negotiate the final points, but by either manufactor or negligence it went wrong. And the one thing that Bill, the crew's mate, stated he would remove was impossed. I distrust BA senior management motives as much as BASSA reps motives. There is a true version of events somewhere, but I can guarantee it isn't to be found here or over at CF

So, I'm in a lose-lose situation. I don't give a hoot about working one down. I do believe premium passengers from LHR will suffer from what they are use to, whenever I board an aircraft to commemce service I never have what BA advertise, be it functional seats or the correct product. I witness crew having the time to smooth over such issues, and they do. But crew and passengers will get use to it they always do. I am very concerned about new fleet. A monthly travel payment is only as good as allowances when I'm sat at home on constant 24 available, i.e not earning. And when new fleet becomes the majority carrier and I find myself surplus to requirements where do I go. To new fleet, to the t&cs I was told would not affect me under the new redeployment scheme. Or leave.

A strike won't force Walsh's hand. He's an arrogant little empire builder and he's doing quite well at it. I haven't got the time of day for the transparent man, but know that striking can only be detrimental to me. The routine mesages of support in our endeavours I recieve from passengers, the common hatred shared with executive card holders of walsh's BA will all evaporate, and very quickly, when the same supporters and haters are stranded and inconvenienced.

The one matter I am certain about is that from the 'leaking' of columbus 2 years ago, todays impasse has been engineered by walsh. And the union leaders fell straight into his trap. It should have been akin to dealing with a rude and diva'ish passenger. Kill em with kindness.

Like I say, lose-lose.