PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Affording training /lower class.
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2009, 10:02
Crescentpirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

I appreciate all your comments. However i see that the word 'years' and so on pops up frequently.

I understand i am undertaking a career in which most of us were dreaming about when we were toddlers. But i really really want to get my first officer position as quick as possible while i am still young and good looking haha.

Flying is flying, i'd do it voluntarily if i could because its what I'd love to do. But there is money to be made in aviation and i really don't want to be that 'old guy' driving around in his new spangley Lotus Elise trying to relive the youthful bachalor life he never had.

My friend is 20 and is in Cabair, finished his exams and all he has to do now is pass his flying exams and he has his commercial license. He Is, going to be a pilot a lot quicker than me and definately before he reaches his thirties. I see his videos he uploads on facebook. I am very happy for him but i get butterflies in my stomach when i watch saying 'i should be up there as well'. I feel like i've wasted so much time and after watching that video its made me relaise just how badly i want that job.

Modular sounds great it does, cheap, at my own pace..but i might try integrated. Worst case scenario, i can't pay the debt, what they going to do? nothing...So i can't get good credit on a car or whatever at least i had my chance to do it and do it at an age in which i was still young.

I'm not persuing my career for the money or indeed the hotel accomodation with the lonely air hostesses, but i really would love to become a pilot preferably before i am married.

Any pilots got any opinions on undertaking integrated? I think i read on cabair website that its a 'preferred' method. Unsure if that applies to the shool itself as being the preferred or speaking on behalf of airlines.