PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 26th Nov 2009, 09:51
Clarified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyeruk69

FlyerUK69
As for who refused to meet with who during the ACAS meetings, I very much doubt you or anyone on the forum were actually present at the time. so it boils down to who's side of the story and the rumour mill you decide to listen to and make a judgement.
Oh Dear!

According to a response by Bill Francis to a question around this issue the following took place. (source: BA cabin crew forum, 7th Oct 2009 @17.42 post number 70).

At the beginning of October BA arranged to meet at ACAS with Amicus and BASSA. This NSP had been agreed by the joint General Secretaries of Unite and Willie Walsh at an earlier meeting.
They had agreed to meet with NO preconditions (blank piece of paper). 'Unfortunately BASSA refused sit in the same room as Amicus', and '..therefore a full NSP could not be convened as agreed'.
Picture it, all the full time officers of BASSA, UNITE and AMICUS plus BA and ACAS there for 3 days trying to convene a full NSP but unable to.
Then came BA's response, saving where it believes it can and without the permission of Unite.
One day we'll look back on the run up to these events and all the missed opportunities. (Actually I am already starting to, outside looking in as I don't belong to a Union anymore).
You're quite right re. making a sound judgment about who to listen to, I trust the integrity of Bill Francis's post, he was there after all. I haven't heard any counter to the events he describes so assume it's accurate, not withstanding the legal stuff if it wasn't accurate.
Have you heard anything different from this?

Last edited by Clarified; 26th Nov 2009 at 09:55. Reason: Additional question