PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 25th Nov 2009, 20:50
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I suggest to all BA crew (flight and cabin) that it may be unwise to publish or discuss ASR type incidents on an open forum.

Moving swiftly on...

You're probably right, Flyer, but if BASSA had participated in meaningful talks right from the get go, perhaps these changes could have been eased in gradually?
Desertia, you have hit the nail on the head. Therein lies the problem. The Union have never asked us what we want. Whereas in the last few weeks we have had flyers through the post at a rate of knots from Unite, in the months when negotiation (I use the word very loosely) was ongoing, we received nothing, nada, niente.

So while BA was surveying us for our views, asking which of each of the issues we would accept, and which we did not, the Union did not ask our views. Of course in the much heralded February court case, BA will simply present the survey results, along with all the personal emails, demonstrating that the CREW THEMSELVES WANTED ONE CREW MEMBER OFF in order to keep their pay. And what evidence, do the Union have about what the crew want? Err.. None M'lord.

Again, just another minor oversight by the Union.....

But of course they are fully competent and know what they're doing....

Vote No.

The above represents my own personal views, and not that of BA.

Last edited by HiFlyer14; 28th Nov 2009 at 20:30.