PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prospect ballot
Thread: Prospect ballot
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2002, 21:58
OrsonCart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really strange, nearly a week has passed since the close of the consultative ballot, and the only info I get is from this site and the BBC!

I assume my Postie has taken a break to watch the World Cup and my letter from Prospect detailing the ballot results, within which I voted, is still in his bag?

So what was the actual voting figure? I await these results with baited breath. Nothing on atcos.co.uk

I would suggest our European cousins have a far superior voting system.

Now, as I have not had official communication from my union that conducted the ballot about its results, I must assume that either:-

1. My subs are wasted.
2. My union cannot be bothered with my vote.
3. My union subs are being wasted on other projects.
4. My Postie is a lazy git?

I pay a sum of money each month in union subs and it would appear to me that this is being..............Wasted by a union set on growth and not its core membership? Been there, seen it, got shafted in the meantime!

My union morels dictate that a professional trade union must keep its membership fully informed about key events, sadly, I may be asked to vote for industrial action without being fully briefed by my trade union. I am not referring to the reps who do a great job, but the hierarchy of a certain union actually lacking any real prospect! Obviously my near £11.00 per month will not elicit a letter to confirm a ballot result!

Our European cousins meanwhile are demonstrating belief.

Serious rant over.

Our reps, keep up the good work, for yours is the hardest job currently!