PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 25th Nov 2009, 13:30
winstonsmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glamgirl

Hearing about Go-Arounds because the cabin couldn't be secured in time is worrying, as it means priorities aren't being focussed on. I certainly hope that this isn't done on purpose, to "emphasise" the crew reduction. Yes, 40 and 20 minutes to landing call on LH is always hectic, but come on. Seriously, it isn't that difficult to do 2nd service on flights. Yes, I know the product itself in Club for 2nd service is a nightmare, but with some organisation and preparation, it's not too difficult.
That's exactly what I pointed out a couple of days ago.

Read about a crew member's experience about a flight to DEL on CrewForum. This particular crew member worked in WT and WTP. Remember - same amount of crew in those two cabins - yet they were struggling to secure the cabin and informed the CSD that they needed more time because they had not finished collecting headseats, putting away trolleys and clear the galley. This particular crew member had to scream at passengers to put their tables away and did not have enough time to assist a passenger with ear ache.

It sounds more like poor planning by the crew in WT and WTP and has nothing to do with having one less crew member on the aircraft - and apparently a complaint has been forwarded to O.H. Parsons about this trip because it is a safety issue.

Excuse me - laughable!