PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 25th Nov 2009, 12:36
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still don't understand why all of a sudden First and WT/WT+ passengers have to be let down, because of the new crewing levels. Now, there seem to be a deluge of reports where "not my aisle" is prominent. What happened to team work, folks? It really isn't that difficult to reset a seat (IFE gone wrong) - anyone can do it (yes, even me!). The crewing levels haven't been reduced in any other cabin than Club. So the CSD has to work on a trolley.

Nobody, it seems, has been able to answer why it works at LGW, having operated with these crewing levels for over 3 years. Is it because we're more efficient? Is it because we have better team work? I wouldn't like to think so, but I do wonder.

I also think it's a great shame that a certain amount of crew refuse to read ESS/media/other information sources. This isn't a great way to gain knowledge.

Hearing about Go-Arounds because the cabin couldn't be secured in time is worrying, as it means priorities aren't being focussed on. I certainly hope that this isn't done on purpose, to "emphasise" the crew reduction. Yes, 40 and 20 minutes to landing call on LH is always hectic, but come on. Seriously, it isn't that difficult to do 2nd service on flights. Yes, I know the product itself in Club for 2nd service is a nightmare, but with some organisation and preparation, it's not too difficult.

Maybe I'm being harsh here, but having read some reports and talking to people, I can't help it right now. Oh, and do remember, that just because you refuse to use ESS/are part time/off sick, doesn't give you an excuse for not knowing what's going on. If you want to do a good job, you do your home work. Isn't it better to spend 30 minutes to know your stuff instead of looking like a bit of a plonker when you haven't got a clue? I certainly do my home work, I take pride in doing my job well, regardless what I think of Walsh, Francis, my manager and the unions.

Remember: It's not the passenger's fault!

Gg

(Sorry for the rant, had to get it off my chest)