PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 25th Nov 2009, 11:57
flyeruk69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some very strong views and opinions through out this thread and it's a brave person who goes against the the general consensus without fear of being shouted down by the majority here in much the same way as people on here have been complaining the so called Bassa militants do.
There is a lot of Bassa bashing on this forum, what about BA in these negotiations ? Ok BA didn't believe the proposals from Bassa went far enough so BA dismissed the proposals, in my view, was a place to start meaningful negotiations. Some of the onus for the failed talks has to sit firmly at BA's door, negotiation is a two way street.
I'm sure most of you have read the interview and article in the FT at the weekend with Willie Walsh. One of the things he said was-
"I think it’s the minimum that we need to do to address what’s clear to everybody is a cost challenge within the business"
That quote should make every BA employee sit up and worry, if it's the minimum we need to do what else is being planned ? Where's the point where you enough is enough ? Ryanair type conditions of employment ?
As for being honest in negotiations and the information coming out of the BA propaganda machine, is it any wonder the cabin crew do not trust BA management when , just one example, the new fleet was tabled, then taken off the table and a few weeks ago it was reintroduced and in the last few days BA have suggested they are willing to "explore" alternatives to the new fleet. This isn't from bassa but from the leader of BA IFCE.
This isn't negotiation, it's playing with people's emotions and fears resulting in a very deep mistrust of the BA IFCE management and the leadership team.
I wish I had a Chrystal ball to predict what the out come of the pending court case will be, as some feel they can do on here, the UK justice system works in it's own mysterious way and often the outcome is hardly predictable........ time will tell.

The BMI announcment is not a great suprise and it's only what BA have and are doing.