PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 25th Nov 2009, 11:35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have noticed a big emphasis on the probability of a 'yes' vote when the result is announced on 14th Dec. (Most recently by WSW) As though it's only the ballot result that matters? I don't think anybody, anywhere is expecting anything other than the usual ecstatic leaping, cheering and whooping to be broadcast nationwide on the teatime news programs. The reception by the traveling public and other staff groups, of this display of uninformed, utterly selfish glee, will be just as catastrophic as it was the last time!

But the real problem is, this result itself is meaningless.

Any yes vote will not force anyone to 'think again' or 'return to the table' (I thought it was BASSA that kept leaving it?)

The inevitable outcome of the 14th Dec will be an attempt by BASSA to commence some form of IA. Only then will we see the end game. It is difficult to predict the precise sequence of events, nor the level of personal disaster. Only the final outcome is assured. The only result that counts, will not suit BASSA!

Be careful out there.