PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 24th Nov 2009, 22:20
flyeruk69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ottergirl,

The vitriol seen on this forum thread, in my experience doesn't ebb into my life at work, the cabin crew all do their best serving the customers to the best of their ability given the totally new routines introduced this month. Those who think being cabin crew give out a few drinks and meals and be generally nice to the passengers there's a lot more to it and quite often the passenger sees a swan and miss the the desperate paddling underneath.
The fundamentally changed the working positions and responsibilities are so comprehensive the crew are finding it difficult to get rid of the old routines and responsibilities from their heads and implant the new ones, not easy when the old routines have been in place for 20 odd years and where second nature to the majority of crew on worldwide.

It's not ideal an in my view introduced far to quickly for any sort of smooth transition, there will be teething problems and the inevitable tweaks.