PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 24th Nov 2009, 22:05
Clarified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighFlyer14 and Tiramisu, hello!

I have had very similar experiences to you both. I am starting to notice a trend.
During conversations with old contract colleagues quite a few voice their first concern as 'imposition'.
I point out that a minority of BASSA members threw out BA's offer (2nd July), on the 6th July on behalf of everyone else, (other BASSA members not at the meeting).
But the main point for them is will BA do the same again? Who knows, but my guess is a negotiation will have to take place in order to avoid that, so ask the people you pay your subs to!
With new contract crew, a lot of them voice concerns about a reduction in pay. Again, in response I point out that the travel payment is a consolidation of various allowances EXCLUDING meal allowances to protect crews pay. (Based on this years money, which will be higher than next years). Meal allowances remain unchanged and the company have only suggested it to placate those exact fears crew have raised. In other words BA are offering this because crew have asked for that gaurantee, we can't have it both ways. Ah, but we can, I have asked a very senior manager if it is an option and they said 'YES'. So, if you don't like it don't do it! (I also make the point that BASSA wanted it members to take a pay cut of over 2.5% in it's counter proposal).
It's enough to make ya blood boil, nite, nite!