PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA PPL/JAA Conversion training
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2009, 18:04
Dinho Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA PPL/JAA Conversion training

Hello to all kind members of this forum...

First of all thanks for all the information here posted regarding JAA Training in US. It was very helpfull and made me set my mind in doing "expresso" training in U.S.

My name is David and I'm thinking in obtaining a FAA private pilot license (or JAA PPL in the U.S). One of the main reasons is that mostly what I know till now I learned in FAA manuals and the material I have is far more interesting than the JAA based material.

I have a few question regarding the training in U.S

1st- Is it possible to do the FAA written exams in Europe (home study?) or to apply to some FAA EU based school. (Or to sit the exam radiately upon arrival in the US)

2nd- If I do my PPL in U.S do I stay with 2 licenses FAA and JAA? (for me that would be something highly desirable)

3rd- Do you know any flight school in europe that can give a jump start to the FAA license

4th- I was thinking in doing my training in U.S next summer, and I read here to avoid Florida around that season! Here can one go for accelerated JAA/FAA training else then Florida?

Well I hope someone can kindly answer to my questions
I was thinking in doing the JAA ATPL but the costs/global finance crise/aviation market dictate that would be better to go the slow way...

Thanks ahead...

Last edited by Dinho Pilot; 25th Nov 2009 at 12:27.