PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 24th Nov 2009, 09:09
IYCSWICSWICW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fume...

Yesterday, I operated into LHR, late due to disruption caused by high winds. My next link (with ac change) to XXX required a dash in the TRMs vehicle from jet to jet, opposite ends of T5. From chocks on I had 22 minutes to achieve an on-time departure.

The scene is set and I am in command - a command that begins as I walk up the steps with the intention to operate.

On arrival at the new aircraft I was greeted thus by the male CC member (steward) working upfront subordinate to the purser. - 'Hello mate, where have you been? We're gonna be late 'cos of you!, 'spose you wanna cuppa tea mate? - Believe me, his opening address was NOT said kindly or TIC.

Now, I am a very reasonable bloke, so I took a deep breath and I apologised for my lateness and sped into my seat to prepare. Said steward, then went and sat in row 1 and opened his paper. We departed 10 minutes late due airfield congestion having been ready to push on time (with the timely contributions of a very able co-pilot). My tea arrived during the 10 minute wait. I was refered to as mate by this crewmember for the rest of the tour.

What's my point? Desperation Fume, desperation that I am expected to manage such disrespectful and, as it happens, scruffy CC.

BTW , said steward was equally familiar and curt with the pax - I know, I listened to his welcoming as the pax boarded .

..So please, Fume, keep your anti-Flight Deck ramblings to yourself until you have sorted out your own kind first.

GF

Last edited by IYCSWICSWICW; 24th Nov 2009 at 09:53.