PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 24th Nov 2009, 06:36
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh the igmoninominy....

Oh dear, I mean making people work for their salary - how vicious can Willie get?!

The latest pathetic little tirade from the UNITEBA website (and still no mention of whether or not claimants could end up being liable for High Court Costs, funnily enough!!).

And I know I joking called them stormtroopers, so the Freudian spelling error in the last sentence made me laugh out loud!

"When's a lockout not a lockout? When there's no door!

Over the last couple of weeks your reps have been engaged in a private sweepstake over when the company is going to eject us from our office in Terminal 5 and lock us out.

Unfortunately it seems that through their refusal to adhere to the agreement made following the 2007 dispute to fit doors to our offices they have shot themselves in their collective feet - no door on the office = no door to lock!

As they closed the 'lockout' option to themselves (no pun intended) the company seems to be undertaking a more insidious approach to separating you and your reps. Instead of getting us out of the office, the company is getting us from the country by refusing to deroster us to carry out our office duties which are a long standing agreement with the company and is sending us flying.

If, in the deteriorating industrial relations climate, you come to the office and find it unmanned during normal opening hours, please be assured - we'd be there if we could.

It seems that we are being left to cover the office in our MBTs, on annual leave and on 24hr days. We are trying to retain as full a service as we can for you. We will always be available on the emergency phone even if we end up having to take it away on trips with us. Alternatively please make full use of the email facility that is at your disposal.

Please rest assured that we are trying our best under very difficult circumstances to serve you as best we possibly can.

Thank you fur <sic> your understanding and support."