PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Licence Issue...Issue!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 18:56
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
It will take the CAA an absolute minimum of 10 working days to process your licence application, so allow roughly 3 weeks from the date you posted it.

This time delay could be reduced if only RFs/FTOs checked peoples' paperwork before they sent things off to the CAA. When I did a PPL Skill Test, I'd grab a coffee and quietly go through the applicant's paperwork whilst he/she was planning the navigation part of the Skill Test. But there is no obligation on the Examiner to do this - in theory all the Examiner has to do is to take the money, conduct the Skill Test, then tell you whether you've passed or failed.

A poorly completed logbook - particularly if it isn't up-to-date - makes the process of checking an applicant's paperwork a lot more difficult. The Examiner is supposed to be paid before conducting the Skill Test, so if he/she conducts the Test and it is later discovered that the applicant hadn't actually completed all the necessary requirements before the Test, then it's tough luck on the applicant.

I was frankly amazed at the abysmal quality of many applicant's personal log books - the CAA have my every sympathy for the work they do in wading through sloppy, careless paperwork submitted for PPL issue. It really isn't that difficult to ensure that it's all correct before submission.

There is absolutely no excuse for a personal log book to be 'vague' - that smacks of utter laziness, in my opinion.

Last edited by BEagle; 23rd Nov 2009 at 19:12.