PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 12:57
Carnage Matey!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fume Event
Having just flown an intinerary with the reduced crew complements, because they have not been thought out properly or trialled, the impact of these changes is a reduction in safety and an undermining of the service, especially to Club passengers. On the 3 class 777 where the crewing level has been reduced to only 10, it is a disaster.
I find that when the service goes to a ball of chalk one usually has to look no further than the CSD to see the reason why. Having just flown a trip in which the crew were operating two down from the normal level, on a full aircraft and with demanding customers, I was very impressed at how the CSD made it work.

I'm led to believe that some other CSDs simply don't have the skills required to make the new service work and so are attempting to offload their responsibilities on others. Attempting to shed responsibility for the half hourly calls to the flight deck seems to be one such example of weak CSD behaviour. Fortunately BA have anticipated these failings and intend to actively performance manage those who are simply unable to cope.