PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Affording training /lower class.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 12:01
Crescentpirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Affording training /lower class.

Unfortuntely I don't have the luxury of having my parents fund my flying. I also do not have the A-levels to attain sponsorship throughout airlines. Are there any other options I can take, maybe getting sponsorhip by another company or something somehow? I'm willing to go into debt, possibly unrecoverable debt for this job because i know given the chance ill make it. I just need to know what my option are. I'm from a single parent family and my mother is on benefits. its virtully impossible for me to acquire the 50,000+ to do my integrated frozen ATPL.

Anybody in a similar situation or have been? I'm not doing A-level maths and physics, they were never my strong points mainly due to my school. I'm inbetween leaving A-levels and focusing on the relevent stuff i should know before joining the ATPL course, like practising maths and science. Oh and another thing, my family owns no property so i cannot hold it for assurance. I'm also 19 years of age, i feel i really should be on the road by now and that i'm running out of time.

Piloting is all i've wanted to do. I am aware that the industry is more 'who you know rather than what you know', its not too much of a big problem, but getting the money is. These oxford kids have it easy i tell you haha.