PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 11:55
Slickster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for interest, my Civil Service Pension as a Higher Executive Officer (equivalent to jobcentre manager) would be £15,000 if I had put in forty years. In fact I left at age 50 and so get about three quarters of that. I worked in private sector IT for the last ten years at about the same level of seniority and this earned me the princely pension sum of £500 per annum NOT index linked.

I would not wish to get into a dispute about who should be paid what. Just for comparison though, Lurker's anticipated £21,992 is comparable to a Civil Service middle to senior management pension. And more to the point, the £500 pa I have earned in the last ten years is typical private sector pension provision. I know works managers with forty years service with private sector pensions below £5000 pa. If I were in Lurker's position my sole priority would be to see BA survive.
911slf,

Your post elegantly illustrates how deluded many BASSA members are of what really goes on in the "Real World". Sadly, many of them still think they are part of the Civil Service, and are indispensable to British Airways and the Nation.