PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 11:05
winstonsmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wobble2plank

Why do BASSA accuse all other full service airlines of putting their passengers at risk by running aircraft at lower crewing levels than BA if, by running those crewing levels we are putting passengers health and safety at risk?
Because they are desperate.

Reducing the crewing level with one CC will have no impact whatsoever on either health or safety. Miss Malone and her brigade are getting more desperate - what to do - what should we say?

As long as you have the minimum crew required - you will be fine. Do they honestly think that CAA would let BA operate if they thought that the airline would be putting the lives of the passengers on the line?

Jesus. Maybe BASSA thinks that CAA is corrupted. I forgot.

Speaking of which - there is a thread on CrewForum about any problems with the new crewing levels - and one story in particular is very interesting. A crew has written about a trip to DEL with 14 CC. They seemed to have a bloody mess in WT. Trolleys out in the galleys at the 20 minute call and not being able to assist a passenger with ear ache because they were far too busy trying closing the duty free bars, collecting headsets, shouting at passengers to fold away their tables and securing the cabin.

It makes me wonder - the crewing level in WT has not changed - it sounds more of poor planning to me.