PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 08:03
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ottergirl wrote:

In two memorable tribunal cases against BA (both coincidentally from BALPA members), one around holiday pay and one from a female pilot wanting part-time, on both occasions were the names of the petitioners personal names and not that of the Union representing them.
That's because in those cases it WAS the individual taking them to court, not the Union. The female pilot didn't pay costs because she WON.

I say to you, and A Lurker, and anyone else: Go for it. If you want to give your names to the Union and risk being liable for MILLIONS of pounds of costs, than good on you. I don't, and I won't.

I also say to you, if you want to strike, and risk being asked to sign a New Fleet contract before you can return to work, then BRAVO. You do it. I don't and I won't.

All we are doing on this thread is WARNING people of the enormous dangers that the Union are exposing them to. Unite should be warning them but are not. If you don't want to heed the warnings, then so be it. But please don't come crying on here when you're out of a job, or liable for costs, etc. etc.

A Lurker, I would never give false hope to our customers. There is a HUGE workforce that are willing to coming into work. BABOBO and others who have come on here are an example of that. Somehow BA will ensure that our customers are looked after, and I and others intend to help them do that in any way we can. That is, after all, what we are employed to do.

I can think of nothing more abhorrent than ruining people's Christmas travel plans, and if I have to come into work on Christmas day, on a day off, I will. Neither you, nor any 5 man picket line based at Waterside is going to stop me.

Do Not Put Your Name to the Court List
Vote No and Resign from the Union.