PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 22:26
A Lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiflyer14

I am unsure as to you are being genuine with your postings because you seem to be totally misguided and ill-informed....your quote

"I remain convinced that because the Union have sent ballot papers to the people who have taken VR, and they will have left BA by the end of November, it will undoubtedly render the ballot null and void. This was probably what Mr W was expecting. Game Set and Match to Mr W then"

The ballot is valid if those members where members of the trades union and employed by BA when asked to submit their vote - so in your own words. Game Set and Match to BASSA then

You then seem to call into question your own colleagues way of working and attempt to pacify peoples concerns when you genuinely have no idea of the outcome and then go on to promise people that they will travel, in all honesty that is totally wrong, you may be building false hopes for those poor people

"So Finncastle, contrary to Fume Events' fumigating, you WILL travel. And rest assured that if it were to happen when the strike is on, you will be looked after by the likes of the dedicated and hardworking people on here like BABOBO, Clarified, Tiramisu, Glamgirl, Nuigini, etc. cos we will all be volunteering to work."

You then say

The service you will get will be 2nd to none!

Surely that should read "no 2nd service"

You then go on to say

As for the Union's amateurish attempt to use people's names on the court petition, this is positively ridiculous. There is obviously a risk that you could be liable for costs, and the Union have an obligation to make people aware of this.

I refer to a colleagues posting of the well fought battle by a BA Pilot - who named herself and WON in court - no costs there......

You then go on and say

Secondly, why do they need all that info? This court case is about whether or not this (One crew member off) is "contractual". So whether I am tired, injured, working harder or not, is irrelevant and a court will surely throw anything out that has no relevance to the case.

I am staggered that you think this is the reason why we are going to court - there are at least 16 breaches that the Union are contesting

I assume then that if some of your colleagues happen to go on strike and MAINTAIN your current income and conditions - you will resign in protest or at the very least give a portion of the money that you would lose if BA got their way?