PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 20:48
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helllloooooo BABOBO - an excellent post! Well done for thinking things through and using your vote wisely.

It is interesting to read through this thread about all the legalities about striking, but I'm afraid it will undoubtedly be by the by. I remain convinced that because the Union have sent ballot papers to the people who have taken VR, and they will have left BA by the end of November, it will undoubtedly render the ballot null and void. This was probably what Mr W was expecting. Game Set and Match to Mr W then.

So Finncastle, contrary to Fume Events' fumigating, you WILL travel. And rest assured that if it were to happen when the strike is on, you will be looked after by the likes of the dedicated and hardworking people on here like BABOBO, Clarified, Tiramisu, Glamgirl, Nuigini, etc. cos we will all be volunteering to work.

The service you will get will be 2nd to none!

As for the Union's amateurish attempt to use people's names on the court petition, this is positively ridiculous. There is obviously a risk that you could be liable for costs, and the Union have an obligation to make people aware of this.

Secondly, why do they need all that info? This court case is about whether or not this (One crew member off) is "contractual". So whether I am tired, injured, working harder or not, is irrelevant and a court will surely throw anything out that has no relevance to the case.

Cor blimey, if this is the best legal advice UNITE can obtain on membership fees of about £155,000/month then it is pathetic.

Do Not Give Your Name to the court case
VOTE NO AND RESIGN FROM THE UNION