PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 22nd Nov 2009, 06:26
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"A Lurker" was kind enough to produce a list of all of the changes that were imposed.

The more I keep looking at that lengthy (and yes, obviously well thought out) list, the more I think how ludicrous it is that BASSA refused to participate in meaningful negotiations, and even now, instead of focusing on trying end the impasse, are out looking for crew who are "tired", or "get ill" because they've had to work with one crew down, so they've got something to use in the court case.

The same court case for which I wonder if they've put down their OWN names as claimants (something I would think BASSA members could check, as is this not a matter of public record, unless the judge deems it necessary to issue a gag order?).

What will BASSA members do if the strike vote does not come? Or if you see there is no real will to risk your jobs at a time of such high unemployment when it can be filled in a few weeks by someone desperate for one?

Accept things as they are? Resign, and save the company paying you off?

Or do the sensible thing and kick out the self-serving dinosaurs that run your union and send someone trustworthy to go and talk to BA on your behalf.

Remember there are further losses anticipated that must be paid for from somewhere, and if its cabin crew that has caused them, it's cabin crew that will be asked to pay for them.

Better to participate in the process as the other unions have and still are, than be forcibly bent over for six of the best and then complain that you never saw it coming.