PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 21st Nov 2009, 17:15
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe in a negotiated change to my terms and conditions and this would involve meaningful talks not lip service to say we tried. The new crewing levels and service routines didn't get written over night, these have been worked on for months and months and I believe this was BA's agenda for the last 2 years or so, BA never had the intention to find a negotiated settlement or way forward unless it was solely on their terms, disregarding any collective agreements that may stand in the way.
FlyerUK69, your sentiments are admirable and put most articulately. However, you're still asssuming that your union gave its members a fair chance. When even other unions were complaining about the lack of participation and effort from your reps, are you not even prepared to question their leadership yourself?

Because if someone with a reasoned argument such as yourself places complete trust in an organisation which is clearly opposed to "negotiated change", then really you are getting exactly that for which you are paying.

Of course it took months for BA to work on their imposition, the whole process started in February, didn't it? But the "BA have been working on it for the last 2 years or so"?

Maybe you are correct. Perhaps, when they started this whole process, and based on past experience, BA assumed that BASSA would not negotiate reasonably.

The big question is, were they wrong?