PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 21st Nov 2009, 10:40
APYu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the person who suggested Executive Club members support the crew in their actions - Think again. Anything which affects the travel plans of your most loyal and profitable group of customers will never get their support. There are threads on Flyertalk from such frequent flyers saying what a pain in the backside all this talk of strike is.

Do you think exec club members care about how much the crew get paid? They just want frequent and safe services between the worlds major cities. Sad as it may seem, the Executive Club members place a higher value on the Club World Sleeper seat and lounge provision afforded by British Airways than the crew they provide - Just as Virgins Frequent Flyers did when their feedback suggested that their main reasons for flying VS were the Clubhouses and the Upper Class suite - The end result of that being the ditching of the InFlight Beauty Therapists. They are now gone with little impact of the success of the Virgin J Class product.

Exec Club members care about being able to sleep in a flat bed during their journey and being able to have free food and drink at lounges at either end of their journey. Any strike will inconvenience many of them - but they're actually quite a fickle bunch - and chuck them a few thousand BA miles for each inconvenience and they still come back (I got about 100,000 ba miles for the catering inconveniences - a free J flight to CPT thankyou very much).

The crew lost public support when the figures were published in the national press which showed the significant allowances some of the routes provided. The public at large - exec club members included - cannot understand how 5 days in the far east should involve payments of almost £1000. (Forgive me for not remembering the exact figures).

As an Exec Club member I hope there is no strike because quite frankly it would be a pain in the backside but if there is one - I will make my travel plans elsewhere for a while and all the time count my BA Mile account growing increasingly larger and plan which routes to use them when all this is sorted out.

People have also commented on this forum about how poor the Club product has now become. True it is not as good as it was - but its still significantly better than much of the competition. Am I going to switch carrier because of the quality and quantity of the food served? no - because I love your flat bed and your lounges - and BA know that.