PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 21st Nov 2009, 08:18
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Ozzie O
Hunterboy - Nobody will be sacked for going on strike, and in fact if they are and it is a legal ballot then BA is going to be faced with an awful lot of unfair dismissal cases.
Ozzie O, Hunterboy and Fume Event are spot on. No one can be sacked for going on strike if the ballot is legal which was also what my Manager confirmed when I asked the same question.
Going on strike over changes that aren't contractual will render the ballot illegal. As many of our Flight crew colleagues have mentioned, BA might slam an injunction to stop the strike. Unite have lost as changes have already been imposed on the 16th of Nov for Worldwide and the 1st of Dec for Eurofleet and it's all up and running.
Unite have to proove that the changes are CONTRACTUAL, which will be decided in court in February by which time it will all be over and BA will be recovering costs from Unite which has been said by Carange M in an earlier post.
What I do fear for many of my colleagues is that those who strike may be on new contracts when they return. BA are playing a smart game dotting the i's and crossing the t's in the meantime.

I am no longer with Unite and will be working in the event of a strike. I am sad and dissapointed that both BA and Unite failed to reach agreements amicably. What a pity.