PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 21st Nov 2009, 06:53
Desertia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fume Event offered:

I can't wait until the 14th to see you all using every facet of your literally skills, to put the best possible gloss on that result for BA. On this forum there are many like Carnage who will argue that black is actually white.
And this coming from the person that hilariously declared that BASSA's failure to secure an injunction was actually a success?!

Good grief

Whilst I disagree with your unwavering belief in the totally unwavering support for the strike against the totally sickening management ..er... yes I would agree with you that BA have stopped negotiating (well yes, it's hard to do that when your counterparts refuse to do anything than stomp their feet and squeal like schoolgirls at a Take That concert) and the ballot is your last challenge. However, you seem to think the outcome of that ballot will change their course.

As heartening as it is that you feel you will have company when you are picking up your first benefit cheque, people have a strange sense of self-preservation when they know their job is at risk, and BA have definitely had their fill of BA's antics. They are doing what they agreed to do with the companys owners.

There are two real options for BASSA members. irrespective of the ballot result:

(a) Turn up to work as normal and keep your job.
(b) Strike, and get what you deserve, the sack.

And that, dear Fume Event, is pretty well as black and white as it gets.

Last edited by Desertia; 21st Nov 2009 at 07:08. Reason: Clarity