PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB hires Ejet Direct Entry Captains
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2009, 23:30
psycho joe

Location: shivering in the cold dark shadow of my own magnificence.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes I know aviation is different but the travelling public dont see it that way - they expect the best and most qualified pilots to be driving them around
Surely the best & most qualified pilot in this case (An established airline) is the person who has spent several years with a company learning the routes, manuals, procedures, aircraft etc.

Make no mistake, this sort of move has absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with economic convenience. It costs a few bucks & a couple of months to train F/O's; & F/O position on an Emb is an unpopular/difficult position to fill due to being underpaid.

Seniority is driving down terms and conditions as it dilutes an individuals competitive advantage. Seniority is a contributing factor to the decline in the industry, while other executive roles continue to go from strength to strength.
That's truly the most stupid thing that I've ever seen written anywhere in the history of the written language.

Are you seriously suggesting that collective bargaining should be dropped in preference to individual contracts? Perhaps we should be more like GA, individualism has worked well there.