PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 20th Nov 2009, 21:18
Fume Event

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Carnage. If I was a CSD, I would not use the Briefing as a time to push a personal agenda, it is company time. What I said was the mood of the crew was obvious.

Let me give you another observation which I have heard from many crew. That is they have said that the ballot paper has been opened, the YES box crossed and put in the post 'tout de suite'! NO HESITATION AT ALL! The return will be higher than 2007 with a vote in favour in excess of 95%.

I can't wait until the 14th to see you all using every facet of your literally skills, to put the best possible gloss on that result for BA. On this forum there are many like Carnage who will argue that black is actually white. Smell the coffee, read the writing on the wall, Walsh has really poked the rabbit treating his front line staff so badly. As Len McCluskey said at the last mass meeting:"90% of you were in BA before Walsh arrived, and 90% of you will still be there when he has gone".

This is not just about 'Imposition', BA's cabin crew are using this ballot as a referendum on the conduct of Willie Walsh and his management team since May 2005, who are leading the airline in a pernicious cost cutting spiral. Many passengers, especially Executive Club members support the cabin crew. You only have to witness the pathetic product now offered in Club that this is beyond cost cutting. It is actually taking the piss out of intelligent people who have paid a premium fare and are getting a 'low cost' product. Willie Walsh has adopted a Gerald Ratner/MOL attitude towards his staff and customers, and BA's cabin crew are going to do something about it.

All will be revealed on the 14th, but my predictions are of an 88% plus return and a 95% plus vote in favour of industrial action.