PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations & Negotiations
Old 20th Nov 2009, 18:18
Clarified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bassarised

Could this become a new word for future inclusion into the English language?

I think most people on this forum agree that Unite will, (BASSA members esp.) return their masters call and vote yes. Practically the only thing BASSA haven't done is have a banner flying over LHR saying 'vote YES', if ATC didn't restrict the airspace I think they would have done that!!
In my view, this flowof BASSA comms is a desperate last stand. Where else do you go when you're totally in a corner?
As BASSA enjoy invoking historical events the words 'Custer' and 'Stand' spring to mind.
The retoric is motivating, the facts are far more sobering.
You have to ask the quetsion 'has my employer, (paymaster) being reasonable and tried to find compromise and not been petulant?
My view is they have and as I have said before, so do a lot of other crew and almost everyone that isn't.
If, this comes to a strike the company will have to respond in order to protect everyone, including it's fellow employees 28000 livelyhoods outside cabin crew and a large number who will not strike who are crew.
Don't expect much compromise from BA, if that one is forced on them, we will all be in survival mode. BA will have to use everything thing at their disposal to get control of their business.
That means anything that is threatening that process will have to be dealt with, not challenged.
That moment will clearly define all the shadowy goings on right now, lets see how that one pans out.